These fajita’s are vegan, can serve as many as you like, and be made free from refined sugar, gluten, wheat, dairy & soy*
Fajitas are the comfort food I crave! I have explored packet mixes, and lots toppings available in supermarkets – but I wasn’t impressed! This wholefood version contains zero non-food additives and helps me live up to the nickname ‘condiment kween’ amazingly…
Serves as many as you like
Spoon Rating: 🥄🥄 (low-medium energy)
Standing Up For: 30 minutes
Total Cooking Time: around 30 minutes
This recipe can be amended, depending on how many people you are cooking for; So, suitable for cosy solo evenings and faff-free entertaining…
What do I need (per person)?
- 2 large handfuls fresh veg, cut into strips for easy wrapping, and preferably with different textures (we use multi-coloured peppers, chestnut mushrooms, baby corn, green beans, mangetout and red onion)
- 1 heaped tsp coconut oil
- Around 1/4 tsp hot chilli powder or chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- A large pinch of Himalayan pink salt
Highly Recommended Extras
- A simple salsa of finely chopped plum tomatoes, red onion and coriander
- Grated vegan cheese
- Sliced jalapenos
- Diced avocado
- Salad leaves (I use a mixture of whatever leaves are in the fridge – iceberg/romano, rocket, spinach – with chopped spring onion)
- Wholemeal flat breads (we use these ones as the ingredients aren’t weird), coconut wraps, or naked – wraps aren’t necessary!
- Natural coconut yogurt
- Lime wedges
- Himalayan pink salt & cracked black pepper
- Sweet potato wedges: I love mine with sea salt, paprika and nutritional yeast
- Kitchen roll!!!
What should I do?
- Heat a large frying pan, skillet or wok to a high heat
- Place your veggies and coconut oil in the pan and fry until slightly browned
- Once your veg is lightly fried, turn onto a medium heat and add in your salt and spices – adding chilli slowly to taste
- Continue to cook until all vegetables are done, and nicely charred
- Prepare your sides
- Serve wrapped up, or in a bowl, with an amazing mix of your fave extras. Mmmmmmmmm.