vegan, refined sugar free, gluten free, dairy free, wheat free cookies*
Indulgent chewy choc chunk cookies, all the nicer for having a clean and vegan twist. I hear that freshly baked cookies last up to a week in a tin – but I can’t get them them to any last longer than 3 days.
I had a cookie a day in the bath, alongside a cup of raspberry leaf tea, and used them as conditioning tokens. I made a lot of TINY achievements last week!
Makes around 20 cookies
Spoon Rating: 🥄 (low energy)
Standing Up For: 10 minutes
Total Cooking Time: 20 minutes
What do I need?
- 75g organic coconut sugar
- 50g xylitol
- 100g coconut oil, plus a little extra for greasing
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium sized banana, thats not too ripe
- 150g buckwheat flour (you could also use coconut or brown rice flour either
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g of roughly chopped dark chocolate (I used Ombar’s 72%)
- A large pinch of Himalayan pink salt
What should I do?
- Pre-heat your oven to 170℃.
- Wipe small amount of coconut oil over 2 baking trays to grease. I use kitchen roll to do this, it’s quickier and easier.
- Blend coconut oil, salt, xylitol, coconut sugar, vanilla and banana in a blender until completely smooth.
- Tip mixture into a large bowl before stirring in your flour, baking powder and chocolate chunks in by hand.
- Spoon heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto your prepared baking trays. Giving them a little room to spread out!
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are lush and golden. Check in on them when you can.
- Leave cookies to cool and store in a tin.